MagzNetwork

Read Part 1 first

My head started to hurt again.

Mom wasn’t content with dad’s words she walked up to my bed and placed her hand on the person.

“Muhammad? Muhammad?” he didn’t reply back.

I couldn’t take it anymore and I started to shout. “Mom! I’m Muhammad. I’m right here! Why can’t you see me?” my words fell on deaf ears. She was shaking the person now, crying. I ran up and sat down next to her crying. “Mom!”

All of a sudden she screamed. I covered my ears and started to cry even more. My brother jumped out of bed awakened by her scream.

“Mom please don’t scream. Please don’t cry. I’m right here mom...” I tried again.

I looked up to see my dad walk up to us.
He placed his hand on the chest of the figure that was sleeping on my bed. After a few minutes he pulled his hand back slowly with tears escaping from his eyes.

“What’s happening?” my brother asked franctically.

My dad looked at him, his eyes moist with tears.
“Your brother has died, Ahmed. He died.”
He bowed his head with grief.

I started screaming and shouting, hurt that they couldn’t hear me.
Hurt that they couldn’t see me.
Hurt that they thought I was dead.

Unable to do anything I stood there watching them cry.

Ya Allah! What’s going on? Why can’t they see me? Why can’t the hear me?

All of a sudden I saw the same light again. Only this time it was brighter. Three things came out of the light and headed towards me. I stepped back away from them. Then I heard a sound. Listening closer it seemed like something being recited. The Quran? Yes, it was the Quran. The voice grew stronger and stronger. I felt shivers rising up my spine.

لَقَدْ كُنتَ فِي غَفْلَةٍ مِّنْ هَذَا فَكَشَفْنَا عَنكَ غِطَاءكَ فَبَصَرُكَ الْيَوْمَ حَدِيدٌ

Indeed you were heedless of this, now We have removed your covering, and sharp is your sight this Day!"

Heedless of what?

I felt someone grab my hands. I looked up and saw the things pulling me towards them. I could see they were not human beings. Never in my life had I seen anything like them. My heart was filled with fear and terror.

I tried pulling away but I couldn’t. They were too strong.

“Come with us.” They said.

“Why? Who are you? What do you want?” I asked.

They pulled me again. I shouted at them.

“Leave me alone! Don’t take me away from my family. I have to convince them that I’m not dead!”

They started laughing.

“Don’t you know? Your time on this earth has ended. You are in fact dead.”

“How can I be dead when I’m breathing, walking, and talking? How can my time be up? I’m still young my time just began!”

They chuckled again. “You human beings are very funny. Yes, you are right. Your time has just begun. But sadly you’re not gona spend it here in this world.” They pulled me away slowly.

“Where are you taking me?!”

0 comments

Post a Comment